Please submit your applications on or before November 20, 2019
We are looking for a Finance Officer
Description: The Finance Officer will be in charge and shall be responsible for the financial transactions of the organization by managing the financial procedures. Duties will include planning budgets, participating in audits and monitoring transactions among others.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Financial Management or any relevant field
- Additional certification such as CPA is a plus
- With a minimum of (5) years supervisory experience or similar role in finance
- Strong development and NGO work experience
- Strong accounting, planning and analytical skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and other accounting software
- Good problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Willing to travel
- Can work under pressure
BALAY is looking for one (1) Project Manager for Community-Based Urban Violence Prevention and Rehabilitation Unit
Under the Psychosocial Support and Advocacy for Human Rights and Violence Prevention - Survivors and Organized Violence Program (STOV Program)
Job Summary: Ensure the overall management - planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling, evaluation and reporting of the community-based psychosocial support and prevention project guaranteeing that it caters to the target population and is within the Vision, Mission, and Strategic Plan and STOV Program Framework and of the organization.
- Oversee all project activities and be the main contact point for the donor and the field staff
- Ensure project activities comply with the policies and regulations of both the organization (BALAY) and donor-partners.
- Responsible for overseeing the development and execution of project deliverables, lead project planning, budgeting, action plans and monitoring processes.
- Responsible for submitting Narrative Reports to the Executive Director and donor-partners on a regular basis.
- Oversee the preparation and submission of annual activity-based project budget.
- Lead and motivate the project team and monitor project activities and project expenditure and coordinate work with consultants and volunteers in the project
- Ensures close collaboration and coordination with cooperating partners to guarantee smooth implementation of activities and achievement of results as specified in grant agreements.
- Employs resourcefulness in project design, implementation and monitoring. Trouble shoots project problems. Identifies and implements creative solutions.
- Participate in Program Management Committee meetings and represent the Unit in the National Management Committee.
- An undergraduate course relevant to the job (Community Development, Social work, Psychology) or equivalent experience in the field.
- A minimum of 7 years experience in NGO middle management level specifically project planning, monitoring and evaluating including managing a project team and fund management.
- A proven human rights advocate.
- Has an excellent spoken and written communication skills in both English and Filipino.
- Organized, innovative and reflexive.
- Can work under pressure and works well with diverse background of people.
- Can engage with government, CSOs, human rights victims’ groups, and community based organizations.
- Willing to travel from time to time for conferences and meetings within and outside the country.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of intent (please include relevant experiences)
There are no current job listing. Please check back soon or you may deposit your curriculum vitae with application letter here. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.